Grange Park Parliament
Grange Park School Parliament
At Grange Park, we are proud to have our own school parliament. This is an opportunity to hear the views of all pupils through a democratic process and learn how to action ideas.
Our School Parliament focuses on:
- Working and learning together
- Learning about democracy
- Learning how to play a positive role model in our community
- Improving our school for everyone
Each class across the school has a class councillor who is responsible for collecting the views and issues raised in their classes. In Year 6 instead of councillors, each 'family' has two MPs (Members of Parliament).
Every half term, the MPs meet with the class councillors to receive feedback and ideas from across the school. These meetings are chaired by the MPs who also work to an agenda and take minutes.
The MPs meeting weekly with an Assistant Headteacher to work through an action plan and discuss any future initiatives.
The MPs meet with Tijen each half term to feedback on any progress and to discuss ideas.
Our School Council 2021/22
We are please and excited to announce our MPs and councillors who will be working for the good of the school this academic year. First, Year 6 MPs there were some excellent speeches and presentations to watch and consider, and some great policies and agendas that Year 6 children are keen to carry out at Grange Park. The resulting elected MPs for each family are as follows.
Grange Park councillors
Councillors support, gather views and share work with year 6 MPs to make positive changes in the school have been selected for years 1-5. They are:
- Y1 - Grasshopper - Nicole. Ladybird - Emin. Dragonfly - Owen. Butterfy - Holly
- Y2 - Kingfisher - Cesare. Puffin - Zahra. Woodpecker - Maya
- Y3 - Cedar - Helin. Willow - Charlotte. Oak - Issam. Ash - Sofia
- Y4 - Jaguar Class - tbc. Tiger - Milli. Puma - Molly. Leopard - Lucy
- Y5 - Jupiter Class - Grace. Mercury - Yuhan. Saturn - Rocco. Neptune - Max
The first meeting for MPs and then councillors will be held early in 2021 and they will even get to meet with Tijen to share their ideas and turn them into an action plan!