Grange Park Parliament
Grange Park School Parliament
At Grange Park, we are proud to have our own school parliament. This is an opportunity to hear the views of all pupils through a democratic process and learn how to action ideas.
Our School Parliament focuses on:
- Working and learning together
- Learning about democracy
- Learning how to play a positive role model in our community
- Improving our school for everyone
Our School Council 2022/23
A key part of their role of the school parliament is to support pupils to understand that their opinion is of value, that their voices should be heard, and that their suggestions have merit. They help them to learn how to communicate effectively and show them how to develop skills that will remain with them throughout their lives.
Each class across the school has a class councillor who is responsible for collecting the views and issues raised in their classes. In Year 6 instead of councillors, each 'family' has two MPs (Members of Parliament). Every half term, MPs meet with the class councillors to receive feedback and ideas from across the school. These meetings are chaired by the MPs who also work to an agenda and take minutes.
MPs meet weekly with a Deputy Headteacher to work through an action plan and discuss any future initiatives. The MPs meet with Tijen each half term to give feedback on any progress and to discuss ideas.
Grange Park class councillors
Councillors support, gather views and share work with year 6 MPs to make positive changes in the school have been selected for years 1-5. They are:
Dragonfly class - Jake and Shanvi, Grasshopper class - Andriana and Ladybird class - Toby
Kingfisher class - Luca, Puffin class - Aden, Robin class - Georgie, Woodpecker class - Khloe
Ash class - Raif, Cedar class - Finley, Oak class - Lily Rose and Willow class - Harry
Jaguar class - Ayse, Leopard class - Elissa, Tiger class - Grace
Jupiter class - Mila, Mercury class - Mikey, Neptune class - Elif and Saturn class - Iyarnah
Key activities for the year
- Working together to improve and introduce more zones in the playgrounds, including fundraising for vital resources via the Grange Park mini marathon
- Supporting UK Parliament week
- Meeting with Feryal Clark MP for Enfield North and visiting the Houses of Parliament
- Supporting charity events, BBC Children in Need and Comic relief
- Organising and supporting school ‘Family’ events
- Supporting family assemblies and leading inspirational people assemblies each term
- Championing good mental health and wellbeing across the school